Monday, July 11, 2011

Demo Alert: Shitty Fucker

I can’t say that I’ve ever thought that the Bay Area music scene needed a scat-obsessed grindcore band, but Shitty Fucker is here to fill that void whether anyone likes it or not. Although I am usually tempted to drop a stinky, mushy stool on most of today’s grindcore bands, Shitty Fucker manages to slip through the cracks and meet my approval. It’s not just blast beats and poo-flinging with these freaks. More often than not, they remember to write catchy riffs and change things up for variety. After all, your morning bowel movement isn’t always the same thing. Sometimes it is solid and clean; leaving you feeling refreshed afterward. On other occasions, it is explosive and messy. It’s the same thing with creating grindcore that is good and worth listening to. I don’t know what that was supposed to mean, but I do know that Shitty Fucker ain’t no diarrhea grind. You’ll feel like you have lost weight after hearing these seven movements. Make sure there is plenty of toilet paper and don’t forget to flush here.

No comments: