Friday, August 26, 2011

Rock You Like a Hurricane

More maxed-out Teutonic thrash brutality, this time courtesy of an obscure band who named themselves after the werewolf character pursuing Atreyu in The NeverEnding Story. Little is known about them, but I do know that their “extreme earslaughter core” tag is quite the fitting description. Once you get past the all-too-long sample intro (which is in German), Gmork is a raw, violent blastcore blitzkrieg fronted by inhuman eruptions of psychotic, shrieking fury. I get the impression that there’s a black metal influence at work here, although they never actually go in that direction. It’s just a feeling I get from different aspects of their approach, including the drumming. My attempts at turning people on to this record didn’t really work when I first got it. Ten years and a few technological advancements later allows for a second chance. I think the grind fanatics might dig this, so take a shot and get your hurricane rocked here.

No comments: